Finding your ideal clients for targeted marketing is key to building your business. Let’s think about it in terms of Fishing and see how they are alike.
When is the best time of year to fish for your certain type of fish?
• There are times that are better than others for marketing to your viewers. **Ex: Depending on the time of year (and service offering) …vacation time and Christmas may not the best time to market.
Where do YOUR fish hang out?
• Different fish are in different water. Some are in salt water, some in fresh water, some in deep water, and some in shallow water . It’s not going to be a good marketing strategy for you to be just on Twitter, when your market is hanging out on Facebook and vice versa. **Ex: If you’re on twitter tweeting your information like crazy, if your client/customer, etc is on Facebook…you aren’t going to connect until you… go where your client/customer is – Facebook!
What type of bait do you need to use for the specific type of fish you’re fishing for?
• If you’re fishing in salt water for fresh water fish…there is no way you are going to catch the type of fish you are wanting. **Ex: If you’re featuring your high end products and programs to those looking for a lower end product or program it’s not going to be productive. Does your incentive you’re offering match what they need or want?
One key element is Searches:
When you know….I mean really know…your ideal client and can answer the questions above, searches can really narrow the playing field. Then you are fishing where YOUR fish are!
Focus your marketing efforts on finding and connecting with ideal clients in your target/niche market with Google searches, Facebook searches, Twitter searches, LinkedIn searches, and even YouTube searches. You can even search focused groups within Facebook and LinkedIn.
Always Begin With Your Biggest Benefit –Service – You Can Offer Your Market:
Ask yourself: What one thing (service) can you do or offer to make your practice or business stand out from the competition and to be different? Be very specific. **Ex: You may say “Your personality”. Go deeper. What about your personality makes you different and would draw clients and customers to you as it applies to your service.
Remember: You can’t be everything to everybody…BUT, by defining and zeroing in on your niche market and defining and focusing your marketing efforts you have a much better chance of succeeding.
The added bonus: Once you have identified and found your target (niche) audience, you have the potential to be the “go-to” person in your field of expertise as you connect and engage your market! Now that is a Win-Win!
Want to find what service sets you apart? Let’s do a Free Strategy Session call. Just click on the link and follow the prompts! It’s that simple.
- What I Know -VS- What I THINK Other People Know - November 4, 2019
- Top 3 Benefits You Can Provide - October 21, 2019
- Making Client Attraction A Priority - August 9, 2019
- Marketing Tip: VISIBILITY – Create A Solid Foundation - July 24, 2019
- Marketing Tip for More Visibility: Four Tendencies Quiz - July 9, 2019
- Are You Using These Resources Free or Paid to Save You Time? - June 21, 2019
- Want More Visibility? Think TRAIN - June 13, 2019
- Did You Know: Marketing is a Lot Like Fishing - June 7, 2019
- Online Marketing and Social Media’s Key Element - May 3, 2019
- Are You Working Your Business Or Is Your Business Working You? - April 8, 2019