Over the next couple of weeks we’ll be discussing two the five critical elements in effective copywriting for the Internet. Of the five critical elements listed below, we’ll be discussing Know the Product and Know the Customer/Audience (Your Target).
1) Know the Product
2) Know the Customer/Audience (Your Target)
3) Stress Benefits
4) Determine the Copy Objective
5) Build Relationships/Trust
Knowing the product is the foundation of effectively writing content for the Internet. In Real Estate it’s all about Location, Location, Location. In writing (effective) content it’s all about Questions, Questions, Questions.
Ask the right questions and keep asking them. The more you know about the product, the more strategic and targeted information you can write.
What IS the product? (What’s being offered)
What’s the purpose of the product?
What are the products benefits and features?
(Benefits = Solve clients/customers problems — Features = what the product does)
Which benefit is the products biggest selling point?
Who will use the product?
Who is the major competitor?
Who has bought the product -are there testimonials?
How is the product different from the competition?
How does the product work?
How quickly is the product delivered?
Where does the product stand in the marketplace?
What service/support is offered on the product?
Is there a guarantee on the product?
These questions start you in the direction needed to knowing the product. Preparing your list of questions leads to sub catagories within the questions asked, leading even deeper into the product.
Gather all existing and/or previously published material on the product. As you study the previously printed material and review the answers to your questions, you should be well on your way to the material needed for knowing the product.
Again, the more you know about the product, the more strategic and targeted information you can write.
Next time we’ll discuss Know the Customer/Audience (Your Target). Until then…Remember, your Major is in Copywriting, but your Minor is in Mining…digging for details. Keep asking questions.
Livvie Matthews, freelance writing services/Owner of Write Business has been helping businesses with their online and printed marketing content including Brochures, Web Site content, White Pages, e-mail Marketing, and Newsletters since the late ’90’s. e-mail mailto:email@example.com Visit http://www.WriteBusiness.net.
- Love Your Business - February 21, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals - January 22, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Adding Friends and Likes - January 14, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Clean Up and Update Your Website - January 7, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Get Back In Touch - December 31, 2019
- What I Know -VS- What I THINK Other People Know - November 4, 2019
- Top 3 Benefits You Can Provide - October 21, 2019
- Making Client Attraction A Priority - August 9, 2019
- Marketing Tip: VISIBILITY – Create A Solid Foundation - July 24, 2019
- Marketing Tip for More Visibility: Four Tendencies Quiz - July 9, 2019