September is a busy time! End of summer, last vacations, back to school shopping, and back to school.
For a short time, our normal schedules are put on the back burner. Then when things began to return to normal, it’s time to get back “into the groove”.
This time of year is the perfect time for goal setting. The fall is coming, the air is crisp, colors are magnificant, and inspiration is everywhere!
During this three month time period before the beginning of a new year, it’s time to look at what you want to accomplish in the next year and time to put down the steps you need to take to get you there.
It’s like the saying…money is not the end, but the MEANS TO the end. In other words, it’s not just money you want, but what the money will allow you to do or accopmlish.
So, we can have our goals, but unless we put into steps what’s needed to get us TO the goals, we’re just spinning our wheels.
Start with where you are right now. What did you accomplish to this point this year towards your goal? Don’t forget to pat yourself on the back for accomplishing these items…good job! If there are some things you didn’t finish/accomplish, then start right there.
Write down what you need to do or not do to get these items completed along your journey to you goals.
As we are writing our goals, we should have some short term goals (3 mos, 6 mos, 12 mos) and some long term goals. 1 year, 3 years, 5 years. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, a year could be short term (beginning of a 5 year goal) or long term (ending to goal).
Each goal we put down needs to have some steps to get us there and these steps within themselves should have time limits for accomlishing. Trying to accomplish something without a time limit…a dead line, does not set it up as as priority to be done and makes it seem further and further into the future.
From time to time, re-evaluate your steps and goals. An unrealistic step or goal is an automatic set up for failure. If a step is too difficult, then break it down into some smaller steps. If a big goal is set too soon, then put it out a little longer.
Reward yourself as you reach each one of the little “step” goals along your journey and celebrate your big goal accomplishments!
Remember…time is going to pass. As it passes, next year you can either be on your way to your goals, OR you can still be where you are right now. The choice is yours!
It’s time to set some goals. Are YOU ready? On your mark…get set…GO!
- Love Your Business - February 21, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals - January 22, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Adding Friends and Likes - January 14, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Clean Up and Update Your Website - January 7, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Get Back In Touch - December 31, 2019
- What I Know -VS- What I THINK Other People Know - November 4, 2019
- Top 3 Benefits You Can Provide - October 21, 2019
- Making Client Attraction A Priority - August 9, 2019
- Marketing Tip: VISIBILITY – Create A Solid Foundation - July 24, 2019
- Marketing Tip for More Visibility: Four Tendencies Quiz - July 9, 2019