February is known for Valentine’s Day and as the month of love. As we close out this month, I wanted to talk about love for a minute….love for your business. Because without love, we are only going through the motions and that’s no way to build or treat a business.
In her book Plan It, Do It, Love It, Sherry B. Jordan mentions several ways you can love your business. I’ll mention a few of her ways and then I’ll expand on them.
How to Love Your Business:
Be Clear About What You Want From Your Business:
• Take some time to determine exactly what you want from your business. Why are you in this business? Are you wanting to work full time or Part time? Are you wanting to spend more time with your grand kids or maybe you want to be able to travel and see the country or see the world. Whatever it is….take some time and determine what it is you really want from your business
What Does Success Mean To You
• Do you have a vision in mind or on paper of what success actually means to you, so when you are successful you will recognize it. Do you have the steps in place for getting you to that successful point? It doesn’t have to be anything elaborate or big. It can be as simple as being able to spend your time the way you want to, doing what means so much to you, without having to worry about the money part of it.
What Are You Willing To Do To Get What You Want
• Are you willing to work a few more hours at the beginning? Are you willing to possibly work nights and or weekends for now? Are you willing to spend a little less now in order to have more to spend later? Are you willing to invest in yourself now for the bigger return on your investment at a later date?
Build Your Business Around Your Life’s Priorities
• Think about your priorities in life and build your business around those priorities. These will include your career, your family, your friends, your community, and your wellness. Make time for these priorities.
Set Clear Boundaries on EVERYTHIING
• Leave no stone unturned with setting your boundaries. Set boundaries on your work – ex: establish your work hours and stick to them. Set boundaries on your personal time – ex: make sure you block out time for yourself, for family, friends, and self care. Set boundaries on your personal relationships ex: make sure you keep these relationships in line with time you have blocked out not related to your work time. Set boundaries on your money ex: how you spend your money, where you spend your money, and creating a savings plan.
Loving your business boils down to: Learn to work your business….don’t let your business work you!
Do you need to see how you can “Love your business” with the ideas above? Let’s set up a time to talk….it’s free and you will probably take away at least one idea you can implement immediately. Click here and set your time that’s convenient to you and let’s have you….Love Your Business!
- Challenging Times-Yes! Changing Times-Yes! Opportunities -Absolutely YES! - March 26, 2020
- Are You A Person Of Your Word? - March 6, 2020
- Love Your Business - February 21, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals - January 22, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Adding Friends and Likes - January 14, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Clean Up and Update Your Website - January 7, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Get Back In Touch - December 31, 2019
- What I Know -VS- What I THINK Other People Know - November 4, 2019
- Top 3 Benefits You Can Provide - October 21, 2019
- Making Client Attraction A Priority - August 9, 2019