When building your online presence, laying a solid foundation starting with the basics three elements is critical for maximum visibility. These include your social media profiles, your website/blog, and your avatar (picture).
These three elements present the most strategic elements in building your online presence, your online communities, and building trust and relationships.
Why would I say that? Because they are actually representing you and your business to your target audience. It’s their first line of contact.
Your Social Media Profiles/Bios:
• When setting up or “building out” your profiles or bios, think of it like an opportunity for “front page” visibility. It doesn’t get any better than this. It’s an area you want to pay close attention to detail. Speak directly to your prospects and address how you can provide solutions to those issues they are looking for.
• Be sure you fill out your social profiles completely. Maximize whatever the space is you’re given for your information. From Twitter’s short Bio area, to Facebook’s About area, to LinkedIn’s long Summary area, complete your profiles 100%. Nothing is written in stone, you can always go back and add or change information as needed or as you grow and change. Again…Make it targeted!!
• Always make sure you’ve mentioned your website/blog and listed the URL to your site. List it as http://www… to make sure it is hyperlinked (clickable) Example: http:// www.LivvieMatthews.com. Mention your website as often as you can in your bio and about content.
• On Facebook also list the URL’s of any product and or service pages you want your audience to be aware of.
Having your social communities is a huge benefit, but you have to understand you aren’t in control of the information once it’s posted to the social platforms. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc…they control your content once it’s put up.
They could decide tomorrow, for whatever reason, to take your page down and then you would have lost all those contacts and information. So having a website is critical to your online business.
Today, instead of a traditional static website, many people are opting to use a blog type format for their website (I do at LivvieMatthews.com). Either is fine as long as it’s “working” for you.
• Your website/blog should be a “working website” set up to draw your audience to you and build your list.
• You need an Opt-in box close to the top in the most prominent spot, (upper right corner), of your website for receiving your “Magnetic Free Offer”(freebie) in exchange for their name and email address for building your subscriber list.
• Make sure all your social icons are viewable for connecting with you right on the spot.
• Help your viewers “share” your information by having the ‘share’ buttons in place.
Your Avatar… (Picture):
Everything you’re doing online should have a strategic meaning. You need to be real, geniune, and authentic. At the center of social media and the very heart is building relationships.
Having your picture…not your logo… your picture viewable goes a long way in establishing the connection between you and your audience. They aren’t connecting with your business…they want to connect with you.
• Make sure you use the same profile picture on all your social media platforms.
• It does not have to be a professionally done picture, but it does need to be a head and shoulder picture with you smiling and looking professional.
• No family picture here, no pet, relative, or child. This part is all about you. Make it warm and friendly. This will speak volumes to your audience.
Be sure on your website/blog and your social media platform profiles/bios that you use descriptive keywords and phrases for what people would be searching for to make sure they find you.
No matter the social platform, make sure your bio, your website, and your Avatar (picture) are the same.
Not starting out with a good foundation can be very costly in online marketing. Starting out on the right foot will make your building process much simpler and much more solid.
If you would like to talk about building and creating a solid foundation for your business, I invite you to schedule a FREE Discovery/Strategy call session and let’s see how to get you on solid ground!!
- Love Your Business - February 21, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals - January 22, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Adding Friends and Likes - January 14, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Clean Up and Update Your Website - January 7, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Get Back In Touch - December 31, 2019
- What I Know -VS- What I THINK Other People Know - November 4, 2019
- Top 3 Benefits You Can Provide - October 21, 2019
- Making Client Attraction A Priority - August 9, 2019
- Marketing Tip: VISIBILITY – Create A Solid Foundation - July 24, 2019
- Marketing Tip for More Visibility: Four Tendencies Quiz - July 9, 2019