There is a lot of confusion around marketing and advertising and many think it’s the same. Even though some of their elements are the same, they are very different and for growing your business you need to know the difference between the two.
Understand that marketing doesn’t necessarily have to include advertising, but advertising must include marketing!
There are several different elements that make up marketing, one of the elements is advertising.
A good way to think of marketing is as a pie cut into different pieces that may include market research, public relations, (social) media planning, pricing, sales strategies, support, etc and advertising.
All of these elements make up the whole pie, but each pie piece is also independent. Even though they work independently, for them to be effective, they also must work together.
Advertising usually involves a paid expense for placing the ad whether online or offline in print media and is usually the most expensive part of the marketing process.
Marketing on the other hand can, and is, often done without expense using the Internet, blog posts, newsletters, and social media platforms. Marketing doesn’t necessarily involve placing paid ads.
Think of Marketing as everything you do to aid in the exchange/conversation between you and your perspective and existing clients and customers regarding getting the word out about your products and services.
If you are struggling with your marketing or cringe at the (marketing) word, I’d love to gift you a FREE Marketing/Visibility Strategy Session Call!! Just click this link and follow the prompts!! It’s super simple!
- Marketing vs Advertising: Do You Know the Difference? - February 6, 2019
- 2019 New Year – New Opportunities - January 10, 2019
- Are You Getting Creative For Getting Clients - October 23, 2018
- Are You Over Complicating Your Business - September 27, 2018
- What Does A Hurricane And Your Business Have In Common - September 18, 2018
- We Are Not 25 Anymore…So What? - August 21, 2018
- FACEBOOK, Changes, and What to Know - June 13, 2018
- Presenting your Services: Who’s Making the Decision? - April 5, 2018
- Trying To Fit Into Cinderella’s Shoe… - March 14, 2018
- #Hashtags: Are You Using Them Effectively? - March 8, 2018