If you are not online – to your ideal clients and customers – you don’t exist. Why do I say this? Because 85 % of today’s consumers are already online looking for solutions to their problems and who they are going to do business with.
They aren’t flipping pages in a telephone book… looking in a magazine… or scanning direct mailers… There’re onTwitter… Facebook… YouTube… Instagram… and Google searching and viewing what others are saying.
But what does that have to do with whether you are fake or genuine? Transparency and Authenticity.
Today, people are:
• Looking beyond the brand to the person
• Watching closely to what’s being said
• Watching closely to what’s being done
• They are also watching closely to what’s NOT being said or done!
Therefore, whatever is being done, must be done with integrity! But do you really understand just how critical it is to be genuine?
Through searching the social platforms… consumers have the opportunity to see… to really see… who they’re doing business with.
We talk about celebrities living in a “fish bowl” that their every move is being seen. Well, with social media that is technically how we are being viewed….our every move is being seen.
This means you can’t be one way… all professional and proper on your Business page but on your personal page they see you ranting, raving, and slamming this and slamming that!
You must be consistent!
They do this by searching… and viewing… what others are saying about you… about your business… about how you’re viewed by your clients or patients… and even by having an actual conversation with you or your representative on one of the social platforms.
What Are Viewers Searching?
• Are you a business that stands behind your products?
• Do you support, really support, your clients?
• Do you go the extra mile?
• Do you make solving your clients problem a number one priority?
• Does your client know that you really care about them?
You know that old saying: “People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care!”
Transparency and authenticity allows viewers to see through to the core of how you do business.
All of this and more is available to consumers through the social platforms.
KEY: You want to be specific… be informative…. be approachable… and very importantly…always be genuine. You must be transparent and genuine to be real.
This means right away you’ll find that traditional.. pushy… high pressure hype and inflated promise type sales messages won’t work with social media.
In fact, social media is not meant for selling….it’s meant for building relationships. Once that relationship is built and your viewers know, like, and trust you, when they need your services or products who do you think they are going to purchase from? YOU!
Social Media is geared towards people helping people and offering relevant and useful information while building solid relationships!
Again, all of this goes back to the change of mindset from the old traditional marketing to today’s social media marketing.
If you would like to talk about some ways you can utilize online marketing and social media more effectively in your business, I’d love to invite you to schedule a FREE Discovery Session Call. Just click on the link and follow the prompts! It’s that easy.
- Making Client Attraction A Priority - August 9, 2019
- Marketing Tip: VISIBILITY – Create A Solid Foundation - July 24, 2019
- Marketing Tip for More Visibility: Four Tendencies Quiz - July 9, 2019
- Are You Using These Resources Free or Paid to Save You Time? - June 21, 2019
- Want More Visibility? Think TRAIN - June 13, 2019
- Did You Know: Marketing is a Lot Like Fishing - June 7, 2019
- Online Marketing and Social Media’s Key Element - May 3, 2019
- Are You Working Your Business Or Is Your Business Working You? - April 8, 2019
- Business Building Advice - April 5, 2019
- Decisions! Who’s Making The Decision For Your Services? - April 4, 2019