How many here like to be kept waiting and waiting only to have a no show for something scheduled?
This may not seem like much in the scheme of things but when you are in business for yourself your word can take you a long ways and it speaks volumes about the kind of person you are . The lack of being a person of your word can end up taking you nowhere! And trust me…this speaks volumes about the kind of person you are too!
Every one of us are building our businesses in some way. We may be just starting, already down the road a few years, or well established. But no matter where you are in your journey, you are always building and growing your business and that means interacting with people face to face, online, and or both.
Today so many people think they can just do things half way and make it. That could be true to an extent, but sooner or later it will catch up with you and will cost you clients and business.
The point of building a SOLID business in having clients and/or customers who are doing repeat business with you and referring others to you because of your service…you do and deliver what you say you are going to do.
Doing it half way and not being a person of your word will find you always having to go after new clients and/or customers because you will not be having repeat business or referrals.
Large or small, if you tell someone you are going to do something, be somewhere, or have an appointment…show up and do it!
I don’t think anything is any more disrespectful to a person that to be left waiting in some way. You didn’t show up for an appointment (did you call them ahead of time to let them know?)
You said you would follow through on a project by doing something specific or at a certain time (did you show up? Did you do it?)
How about being ready at a certain time for a discovery call session (did you let someone know you would not be able to keep the call time?)
With today’s technology…computers, messaging, cell phones, texts, emails…. There is no reason you can’t let someone know ahead of time. If you don’t have a lot of notice, the text the person…it’s instant delivery!
My point is…if you say you’re going to do something…do it! If there is a good ….yes good….reason why you can’t do it, then let the person know…ahead of time! Respect their time as you would have them respect your time.
Remember: People judge you by your actions…not your intentions!
Having some issues scheduling and sticking to what you say you are going to do? Let’s have a chat. Click here and let’s schedule a FREE Discovery call and see how we can get you to being a person of your word!
- Challenging Times-Yes! Changing Times-Yes! Opportunities -Absolutely YES! - March 26, 2020
- Are You A Person Of Your Word? - March 6, 2020
- Love Your Business - February 21, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals - January 22, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Adding Friends and Likes - January 14, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Clean Up and Update Your Website - January 7, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Get Back In Touch - December 31, 2019
- What I Know -VS- What I THINK Other People Know - November 4, 2019
- Top 3 Benefits You Can Provide - October 21, 2019
- Making Client Attraction A Priority - August 9, 2019