Online marketing using the Internet is so vast, what we do must really be targeted to reach the exact people, our ideal clients, we are meant to serve….and that is NOT everyone… regardless of how good or how needed your product/service is.
To narrow this down, or niche it as it’s called, before you can define your target market and ideal client, you must first know WHAT it is you provide.
This is not to be done in a broad sense but in a very targeted, narrowed down sense. Then you will be able to present this to the people, your ideal clients, who are looking for your product or service.
I know we have a tendency to think…well everyone needs my products or services…and you may be right, however let’s be realistic…not everyone is going to be your ideal client.
Let me give you an example: Let’s talk about insurance. Let’s say you are selling medical insurance. A person needing Life insurance is not your ideal client. So why broadly market “insurance”?
Instead you will narrow it down to medical insurance. Then depending on the type of medical insurance you are selling, you may narrow the marketing down even further. This is getting it in front of your ideal client.
With that in mind, you begin your focus specifically on who DOES need the solutions you provide.
When narrowing down the top services you provide, you must know your skills, but also you must know what solutions your services/products provide in reference to the issues and challenges your ideal clients will have.
This means you will also have to do detailed research into your ideal client and into their problems.
When you have all this information knowing WHAT you provide and WHO you provide it too, your target audience and ideal clients will see you know what their problems and challenges are and that you can provide a solution to those issues.
So…what top 3 benefits can you provide? If you are having an issue determining and narrowing this down, I’d like to invite you to schedule a Free Strategy Session and let’s get this narrowed down for you!
- New Year and Back To Business: Adding Friends and Likes - January 14, 2020
- New Year and Back to Business: Clean Up and Update Your Website - January 7, 2020
- New Year and Back To Business: Get Back In Touch - December 31, 2019
- What I Know -VS- What I THINK Other People Know - November 4, 2019
- Top 3 Benefits You Can Provide - October 21, 2019
- Making Client Attraction A Priority - August 9, 2019
- Marketing Tip: VISIBILITY – Create A Solid Foundation - July 24, 2019
- Marketing Tip for More Visibility: Four Tendencies Quiz - July 9, 2019
- Are You Using These Resources Free or Paid to Save You Time? - June 21, 2019
- Want More Visibility? Think TRAIN - June 13, 2019